Saturday, September 12, 2009

how he loves us

my best friend posted this on my facebook wall a few days ago, and it was so special to me that she was praying for me and praying for what God would want me to know that i wanted to post it to share with others, as well as for posterity's sake, so i can remember it.

since she posted it on facebook, i don't feel badly about re-posting.

"hey i was talking to God just now and literally brookie he loves you so much i am crying. maybe your wall is an awkward place for this communication? but i'm cool with everyone on your wall knowing that jesus loves you, like, to bursting capacity. watch this video:"

How He Loves Us

"He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
So Heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…

Well, I thought about You the day Stephen died,
And You met me between my breaking.
I know that I still love You, God, despite the agony.
...They want to tell me You're cruel,
But if Stephen could sing, he'd say it's not true, cause...


Cause He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us.
Whoa! how He loves us."

and the thing is, he really does love me that much. and he loves you that much too. he loved us so much he died for us. (and aren't those singers so seriously passionate about God? you might think they're crazy, but i think it's pretty incredible to know God so well and be so emotionally attached to him. it's how it should be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment