Sunday, June 21, 2009

in the beginning...

brooke got a blog? oh my heck, what is going on here?!

(no, that's not my baby.)

well, i guess i thought it would be a good idea to send my profound thoughts, incredible insights and marvelous musings out into the world. also, i'm kind of bored this summer, so it might be fun for me to keep a sort of record of my life (since i'm not a journaler...for shame!), and a fun way for my friends to follow along and keep up with my life in dc!

that is, so long as i'm posting. which will probably only happen during the summer. but, i'll do my best, so check back often!

i think this may also be a really great thing for me, to remind myself of all the joys and blessings that God has placed in my life.

so to start things off, here's one of my more recent favorite verses:

"The Lord is exalted over all the nations,
his glory above the heavens.
Who is like the Lord our God,
the One who sits enthroned on high,
who stoops down to look
on the heavens and the earth?"
~Psalm 113:4-6

it amazes me every time i read it. how great is our God that he has to humble Himself just to look upon us?

1 comment:

  1. There's few things I like more on the internet than a post on my blog to let me know that people are reading it. So...I'll try to post on YOURS with regularity! I was *shocked* that you had a blog that I hadn't told you about...until I realized you'd started it a week ago. :) haha. I'll try to actually post on mine more often since I see you're following it (honored!) Love you, bff. Miss you, and wish our paths could have crossed this summer! But you know we'll see each other again, and it will be as nothing (though everything) has changed. Love you.

    ReplyDelete